Concrete Floor Grinding, Shaving, and Milling
Eliminate concrete hazards.
Diamond tools are an ideal way to smooth out bumps and trip-hazards in concrete floors. It is not unusual for adjacent floor slabs to have slightly different elevations, but grinding concrete with diamonds is the least expensive way to eliminate these problem areas.
Michigan Concrete’s 32” grinder and compact concrete shaver grinding tools can help correct concrete problems without completely removing the old concrete and installing new.
Concrete grinding is often used to fix the following:
- Uneven joints creating possible trip-hazards
- Spalled areas and deteriorating surfaces
- Old paint, coatings, adhesives, and mastics that need removed
- Uneven floor level that makes tile and flooring difficult or impossible to install
- Poor concrete installation
- Surfaces that are too rough for bare feet
We will work closely with contractors to level the floor and make it the desired subfloor. While this process requires multiple passes and multiple checks by our customer, it is far less expensive and less intrusive than complete slab replacement.
The tools are fume-free and dry for indoor or outdoor applications, and they utilize an industrial mobile vacuum system, thereby leaving a clean dry surface. The dry waste is removed from your location and properly disposed of. Multiple surface finishes are also available for your application.
- Chemical free process
- Increased traction
- Production time is greater than shot blasting and scarifying
- Renewed surface opened to receive new coating or flooring